New Jersey is one of the most exciting places to enjoy omakase. Whether you’re looking for an intimate omakase experience or a bustling omakase spot with plenty of lively conversation. Here are nine omakase locations in New Jersey that are sure to provide a memorable experience:
Address: 206 Main Street, Fort Lee, New Jersey
Sushi Kai is an intimate omakase restaurant located in the heart of Fort Lee. The omakase experience here is truly one-of-a-kind, featuring omakase crafted from the freshest ingredients sourced directly from the local market and served with care by experienced chefs who have a passion for sushi.
The restaurant only offers omakase, which features multi-course meals that include appetizers and desserts. The omakase experience is designed to be a luxury experience, with each course crafted for the individual’s tastes. Prices start at $155 per person.
- Intimate omakase experience
- Multi-course meals include appetizers and desserts
Address: 215 Main St STE 104, Fort Lee, NJ 07024
Sushi Aoki is a BYOB-style omakase restaurant run by Masashi Aoki. Aoki has extensive experience working at many fine sushi restaurants in New York City and has brought his skills to Sushi Aoki in Fort Lee, NJ.
You can enjoy delicious and authentic sushi created by Chef Aoki himself at Sushi Aoki. He has a deep knowledge of traditional Japanese cooking styles and uses this to create unique dishes perfect for your taste.
This place has 3 omakase options:
- $135 for 4 Appetizers, 12 pieces of sushi, Soup, and Dessert with roasted green tea.
- $150 for 4 Appetizers, Sashimi, 12 pieces of Sushi, Soup, and Dessert with roasted green tea.
- $200 for 5 Appetizers, Sashimi, 12 pieces of Sushi, One hand roll, Soup, and Dessert with roasted green tea. (Need to book one-week advance)
If you’re looking for an exquisite omakase dining experience, Sushi Aoki is the perfect place.
- BYOB-style omakase restaurant
- Traditional Japanese cooking styles used to create unique dishes
Sushi by Sea
Sushi by Sea is an exclusive, invite-only sushi experience in New Jersey. The concept originated with Jay Powles, who grew up in South Africa but has lived in multiple countries.
Sushi by Sea is unique because it offers an intimate atmosphere and an exquisite culinary experience. Guests are hand-selected through an invitation-only process and are guaranteed a night of incredible sushi made from the freshest ingredients. You can register on the website to be considered.
The restaurant itself is nondescript, lending to the speakeasy-like allure of the evening. Prices can vary, but omakase typically starts around $150 per person.
- Invite-only omakase experience
- The intimate atmosphere and exquisite culinary experience
Sushi By Bou
Address: 218A Newark Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07302
Bou offers a classic sushi experience that includes a 12-piece chef’s choice omakase. Bou also has craft cocktails, an imported sake selection, and high-energy vibes that make for a great night out.
The omakase experience here is called Timed Omakase, it is a 30-minute and 60-minute dining experience. With the Timed Omakase, you can enjoy omakase crafted to your preferences, with seafood sourced from local markets. Prices start at $50 per person for an omakase experience.
- Timed omakase options
- Craft cocktails and imported sake selection
Address: 200 Greene St, Jersey City, NJ 07311
DOMODOMO’s design is the creation of Jae Park, a RISD Interior Architecture graduate and former retail designer at the world’s largest and most sought-after interior architecture firm, Gensler.
The exterior’s beautiful distressed wood and the interior’s elegant and modern 90-seat space represent the art of Minimalism.
DOMODOMO’s menu is the creation of Brian Kim, a Culinary Institute of America graduate with over 15 years of experience. Omakase course here has two options:
- DOMOKASE DOMODOMO’s Signature Course – Seasonal oysters, Spicy tuna cone, White fish Crudo, Menchi katsu, Kabayaki, 1 hand roll, 1 dessert, and 8 pieces of assorted sushi. $85 per person.
- Sushi Omakase – 12 pieces of sushi, Negi toro hand roll, 1 dessert. $65 per person.
- Beautifully designed minimalist interior
- Seasonal and traditional omakase options
Address: 70 E Ridgewood Ave, Ridgewood, NJ 07450
Shumi Japanese Cuisine is a restaurant that specializes in sushi. The name Shumi is Japanese for “hobby,” Master Chef Aikasa first started the restaurant in Somerville, New Jersey.
Now owner and sushi chef David Seo is a close Aikasa student who brought Shumi to Ridgewood, New Jersey.
The atmosphere at Shumi is refreshing and clear, with an open bar that allows guests to see the sushi chefs at work.
If you try the Omakase, you will have the opportunity to experience each piece of sushi the chef presents and learn about its history and flavor.
You will leave Shumi with a one-of-a-kind dining experience that you won’t find anywhere else.
- The open bar where you can watch the sushi chefs work
- Authentic omakase experience with a focus on Japanese culture and history
Address: 30 S. Doughty Ave #4 Somerville, NJ, 08876
Ai Sushi is a sushi and sashimi restaurant that is popular among fans of authentic Japanese cuisine. The bar omakase is particularly excellent, as are the monkfish liver appetizers.
I am glad to have discovered this restaurant is a small, hole-in-the-wall establishment. Omakase here has two options for sushi only or sushi and sashimi. Prices start at $75 per person.
- Authentic omakase with a focus on fresh and seasonal ingredients
- Delicious monkfish liver appetizers
Vanity at Monroe’s
Address: 36-42 Newark St., Hoboken, NJ 07030
Modern restaurant Vanity at Monroe’s offers a world-class omakase experience. The omakase here is crafted using fresh ingredients sourced from local seafood markets.
The omakase consists of 14 pieces of sushi, and prices start at $75 per person.
In addition to delicious omakase, Vanity at Monroe’s also has a unique sake selection that complements the omakase experience perfectly.
- Fresh ingredients from local seafood markets
- Unique sake selection to pair with omakase
- Delicious omakase priced at $75 per person.
Address: 936 park ave Hoboken, NJ 07030
Innovative sushi omakase restaurant Saku Hoboken offers omakase experiences tailored to each guest’s preferences.
Saku’s omakase menu changes regularly and is crafted with seasonal ingredients, giving guests a unique experience every time they visit.
Prices start at $80 for two-person, which includes 2 Miso Soups, 1 Crunch Drunk Love Roll, 1 California Roll, 8 Pieces Of Sushi, and 12 Pieces Of Sashimi. It’s the perfect meal for a couple of omakase in New Jersey.
- Innovative omakase menu crafted with seasonal ingredients
- Prices start at $80 for a two-person omakase course.
Address: 299 Broad Ave, Leonia, NJ 07605
Located in Leonia, New Jersey, Nakahara offers omakase prepared by skilled chefs at their sushi bar.
The omakase here you can choose your choice up to:
- Sushi Omakase $75 per person
- Sashimi Omakase $90 per person
- Sushi & Sashimi $85 per person
- Course A $100 per person includes soup, three small appetizers, 10pcs sushi, a small steak, choice of our dessert menu
- Course B, $110 per person, includes soup, three small appetizers, sushi and sashimi, a small steak, choice of our dessert menu
Whether you go omakase or order a la carte, you’ll surely get an enjoyable and memorable experience.
- Choose between omakase with sushi, sashimi, or both
- Course A and B omakase offer an abundance of delicious dishes for $100 and $110 respectively
Address: 1636 Palisade Ave, Fort Lee, NJ 07024
Another hidden gem in New Jersey is Yamagata Japanese Restaurant, which offers omakase dining. I believe that Yamagata is one of the best sushi restaurants in New Jersey.
The taste and service are both superb, and you can feel it when you’re there. The sushi is always fresh, and the fish tastes fantastic.
Yamakata offers 3 casual omakase courses:
- Sushi Omakase 10 pieces of chef selection $70 per person
- Sashimi Omakase for $80 per person
- Sushi & Sashimi Omakase $90 per person
- Superb taste and service
- 3 omakase courses are offered at $70, $80, and $90, respectively
If you’re a fan of omakase in New Jersey, then these restaurants are worth checking out! From delicious omakase to unique sake selections and omakase experiences tailored to each guest’s preferences, all of these restaurants offer something special for those looking for omakase. You won’t be disappointed! Enjoy your omakase experience in New Jersey!