Ramen has come a long way over the years, the first ramen shop having opened in Tokyo in 1910. Nowadays, we get instant ramen all over the world, and most people enjoy it, especially the super spicy kind, which brings us to the question: Is 2X spicy ramen bad for you?
2X Spicy ramen is bad for you if consumed too often. Homemade spicy ramen is much healthier than instant ramen. Spicy food is good for your health, but you should consume instant ramen in moderation as it contains high amounts of preservatives and sodium.
In this article, I will discuss whether 2X spicy ramen is good or bad for you and why. I will also give you some tips on making your ramen healthier and even more delicious.
Is 2X Spicy Ramen Good or Bad for You?
Spicy food can be really good for your health. Chilis are packed with capsaicin, which has numerous health benefits and, if used correctly in your food, can be tasty and healthy. The question is whether processed food like ramen is good for your health.
2X Spicy ramen can be both good and bad for you. Spicy homemade ramen made with real chilis will be good for you, whereas instant noodles might not be as good for you. Spicy food lovers will enjoy 2X spicy ramen, but you should eat it in moderation.
Instant ramen noodles are affordable and easy to make as you can heat them in the microwave. This ease of use has led many people to make it part of their diet, especially people who live on a tight budget or are really busy. Ramen noodles taste delicious, but you should be careful not to eat them daily.
If you love spicy food, many hot ramen options are available in shops. Some are hotter than others, like the Samyang 2X Spicy Hot Ramen (available on Amazon.com), which has a Scoville Heat Unit (SHU) of 10,000.
They will make your taste buds sing and are perfectly fine to eat when you crave some super hot spicy food. They are incredibly hot, so make sure to keep a glass of milk at hand.
Suppose 2X spicy ramen is not hot enough for you, or you only have regular ramen and are craving spicy ramen. In that case, you can add some El Yucateco Habanero Hot Sauce (also on Amazon.com). It is super hot and has the fantastic smoky flavor associated with habanero peppers. It will make a delicious addition to any meal if you enjoy spicy food.
Here is an interesting YouTube video where Nella Zisser does the Korean 2X Spicy Fire Noodle Challenge:
These challenges are super fun to watch but be careful if you want to try them yourself. Make sure you can handle the heat.
Are the Instant Noodles in 2X Spicy Ramen Healthy?
Ramen noodles originated in China but were known as wheat noodles. It was introduced to Japan, and in 1958, Momofuku Ando invented instant noodles. Originally ramen noodles were noodle soup consisting of noodles, broth, and toppings.
The instant noodles in 2X Spicy Ramen noodles are not particularly healthy and should be eaten in moderation. Instant ramen contains high amounts of sodium, leading to high blood pressure and health issues if consumed daily. Instant noodles are pre-cooked and do not contain a lot of nutrients.
Are the Spices in 2X Spicy Ramen Healthy?
Many people across the world love spicy food. Some people add chilis to every meal they make and then sprinkle hot sauce on top. Spicy food is delicious, but is it healthy?
The spices in 2X Spicy Ramen noodles can be healthy. Most spicy foods contain chilis which have many health benefits. Chilis are packed full of vitamin C and capsaicin, which can help you feel better and even lose weight.
Spicy food can also cause some unwanted health effects such as:
- Stomach ache
Not all spicy food is good for you; when preparing your own meals, such as homemade ramen, you choose the ingredients, but with fast food, like instant noodles, there are lots of added preservatives and flavorings which might not be as healthy.
Health Benefits of Spicy Food That Contain Chilis
Spicy food that contains chilis has many health benefits, but that doesn’t mean you should eat chilis raw. Some raw chilis have a lot of flavors and can be really tasty, but they also burn a lot, so if you are not used to them, it is much better to add them to your food instead.
Chilis can also cause chili burn when handled, so always wear gloves when preparing chilis.
Here is a list of health benefits that you can get from spicy food that contains chilis:
- Chilis contain high amounts of vitamin C.
- Chilis contain high amounts of capsaicin (this is what gives chilis their burning flavor), which can help reduce inflammation and pain.
- Chilis contain potassium which helps with heart health.
- Chilis can help you lose weight as they reduce your appetite.
How To Make 2X Spicy Ramen Healthier
2X Spicy Ramen is tasty and is perfectly fine to eat now and then, as long as it is in moderation.
Making your own homemade ramen is always the best idea since you can make sure that you add a lot of healthy ingredients and as many spices and chilis as you want for flavor.
If, however, you want to make your instant 2X spicy ramen healthier, there are easy ways you can do it:
- When warming up your noodles, don’t use the flavor packet that comes with it, as it has many preservatives. Instead, add your own spices. You can add chili flakes and even hot sauce for the spiciness you crave.
- You can also add some vegetables and protein to make your spicy ramen even tastier and healthier. A well-balanced meal is always more nutritious, so make sure to add some healthy ingredients to instant noodles.
Homemade Spicy Ramen Recipes
Instant 2X spicy ramen is easy to prepare and tastes delicious, but if you are looking for healthier options, here are some spicy homemade ramen recipes:
- Sweet & Spicy Chili Noodles (by the Ambitious Kitchen) is an easy-to-make recipe and can be made as hot as you want. It takes a bit longer than instant ramen but will be well worth your time.
- Chili Lime Shrimp Ramen Noodles (by Modern Farmhouse Eats) is a ramen noodle soup with all the right ingredients. It will tickle your tastebuds with the combination of chili and lime flavors.
- Spicy Miso Ramen EXPRESS (by Food52) is a quick and easy recipe that will seriously impress you and all your friends. It is full of spicy flavor and healthy ingredients.
2X Spicy ramen is not bad for you, but eating too much of it can be bad for your health. Instant ramen noodles contain a lot of sodium, preservatives, and flavorings, which are not healthy if consumed daily.
Most Spicy ramen contains capsaicin, which can boost your immune system, help you lose weight and even improve your mood.
When eating spicy ramen, make sure you can handle the heat and don’t overdo it. Keep a glass of milk nearby, and always try to add some healthy ingredients to make your meal more nutritious.
- Wikipedia: Ramen
- Healthline: Are Instant Ramen Noodles Bad for You, or Good?
- Karman Foods: How Spicy is the Samyang 2X Hot Chicken Ramen Exactly?
- Healthline: Some Like It Hot: 5 Reasons Spicy Food Is Good for You
- Healthline: Chili Peppers 101: Nutrition Facts and Health Effects
- Ambitious Kitchen: Sweet & Spicy Hot Chili Chicken Noodles
- Modern Farmhouse Eats: Chili Lime Shrimp Ramen Noodles
- Food52: Spicy Miso Ramen EXPRESS
- WebMD: Health Benefits of Capsaicin
- The Famous People: Momofuku Ando Biography
- Mayo Clinic: Indigestion
- ChemicalSafetyFacts.org: Preservatives
- Featured Image by Open Food Facts